Best Office apps for Android
1) Microsoft OfficeMicrosoft Office per Android con Word, Excel e Powerpoint is the official application that contains Word, Excel and Powerpoint programs in mobile version, free and without limitations. The apps work well and synchronize documents on the Microsoft account, inside Onedrive, so you can find them on your computer. All offer a similar clean interface, templates for starting new documents, numerous editing options, and a familiar workflow with the PC program. While Office for Android might be a perfect and unrivaled app, the advanced features are only available through an Office 365 subscription.
2) SmartOfficeSmartoffice is a great option for those who wish to leave the Microsoft ecosystem but still use something familiar and similar.
SmartOffice works with all Office file formats, therefore that of Word, Excel and Powerpoint, offers password protection of documents and allows you to save without problems in cloud services such as Google Drive, Dropbox and Box. As an interface it is also very nice to look at and is reminiscent of the old Microsoft Office suites while remaining modern and intuitive with touch functionality.
The app supports all Microsoft Office formats including doc, xls and ppt, allows you to open, annotate, highlight and share PDF documents; it has a read mode for Word documents and supports wireless printing.
SmartOffice is completely free, with no in-app purchases.
3) Polaris OfficePolaris Office per Android is an excellent app that, like all the other apps on this list, supports Microsoft Office file formats and also includes a built-in PDF viewer. The interface is very clean with no distractions, ideal for working and writing a new document or editing an existing one. The files can be saved in your own cloud drive (Polaris Drive) or, if you prefer a different way to synchronize them, you can also set up an external cloud storage such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Onedrive, Amazon Cloud Drive or others.
Among the best features of Polaris Office are, the Chromecast support ideal for projecting presentations on TV, the ability to save documents as PDFs and a scan camera tool to scan paper documents.
4) Google DriveThe application Google Drive it has always been the default on Android to view Office documents via smartphone. Google Office apps must be installed separately, not only then Google Drive, but also Google Docs, Google Sheets e Presentazoni Google, for a total of 4 apps to get the full suite (unlike other Office apps that bundle everything into one app).
Google Drive Office has many advanced features and built-in tools that make it always an app to keep installed on your phone.
Meanwhile, the interface is clean and simple, then it supports Word, Powerpoint and Excel files and also can save documents in PDF format and also works as a PDF reader. The files can be saved in Google Drive for free and are also accessible offline, if you want, to be able to edit them even without an internet connection.
Google Drive can also be used to save files other than documents (such as images, videos, etc.) to the cloud. With Google Drive you can scan a photo to be taken with the camera or in the phone gallery, extract the text written with optical character recognition and save it in a new document. The mobile therefore becomes a perfect scanner capable of transforming a printed sheet of paper into a digital document.
Furthermore, all documents saved on the web space offered by Google can be viewed, opened and also printed directly from your mobile using a wifi printer or via the application Cloud Print.
In another article the guide to creating Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents on Android with these Google applications.
5) WPS OfficeIf you want to create, edit and manage documents and spreadsheets on your Android smartphone, then you can download and install them WPS Office, free, fully compatible to manage Microsoft Office files from Android phones or tablets. With the excellent and lightweight application interface, easy to use and very well optimized, you can view all documents written with Word (DOC, DOCX), Excel (XLS, XLSX) and Powerpoint (PPT, PPTX) and you can also create new Word documents and Excel spreadsheets from scratch.
WPS Office, which is definitely the most advanced office suite on Android, has everything you need to work on documents and some special features including:
- Il file manager built-in useful for automatically organizing created or edited Office documents;
- The squeeze integration with the email application to open email attachments and to send documents quickly, directly after modification or creation.
- Ability to save files online su servizi cloud (Google Drive, Dropbox, Onedrive, Box).
- Compatibility with USB and Bluetooth keyboards
- Support for wireless printing
- Auto Save and Encrypted Protection
- Option to share files using WiFi, NFC or DNLA
6) AndrOpen OfficeAndrOpen Office is the app that brings the suite Open Office per Android, identical to the original open source PC program, which works with the OpenDocument format. Like the other Office suites for Android, it includes tools equivalent to Word, Excel and Powerpoint, for word processing, spreadsheets and presentations, plus a drawing tool and a math editor.
7) Documents To GoDocuments To Go is a famous and popular Office app for Android that allows, on mobile phones and tablets, to open files prepared with Microsoft Office, to view, edit, save and synchronize documents with the cloud of Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, and Google Drive.
The Android app allows users to view Adobe PDF and Microsoft Office files, edit and create Excel, PowerPoint and Word files, add special formatting tools such as word count, tables, font color and the ability to keep track of changes.
Quip is one of the new Office for Android on the list, completely free, with the possibility of collaborating on documents with other people. The main features of Quip are the Excel spreadsheet and Word word processing functions. All group members can view and edit documents at the same time and also have the ability to add comments if needed. Quip also has its own chat rooms, synchronization between devices, offline support, and various export options. It also has cloud storage support.
9) OfficeSuite ViewerAnother free Office application for Android è Office Suite Viewer.
OfficeSuite Viewer allows you to access and view both documents stored on your mobile, and those saved on the internet in Dropbox, in Google Docs or Box.net (which are also synchronized).
The application is also in Italian and supports almost all types of Office files: DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT, LOG, XLS, XLSX, CSV, PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX, EML, PDF and ZIP.
Office free for Android: open and edit documents on your mobile or tablet